Durable Power of Attorney: What happens if I am incapacitated?

Durable Power of Attorney. What happens if I am incapacitated?

Another question we frequently get is “What would happen if something happened to me, and I wasn’t able to fulfill my daily responsibilities?” These are things like picking up your certified mail at the post office, accessing a safe-deposit box, or simply paying bills.

How we at The Parents Estate Planning Law Firm, PC solve that problem is by drafting a Durable Power of Attorney. This is a document in which you would name an attorney in fact, who would be able to step into your shoes and be able to take care things for you if you are unable to do so.

This document covers all financial and legal decisions on your behalf. It’s something we recommend all of our clients have in place.

Learn more during your Family Wealth Planning Session. Call us now at 978-263-6900 to schedule.